The Bahá’í Faith is a worldwide religion based on the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh (1817-1892). Teachings of the Bahá’í Faith include:
- humanity is one family
- equality of women & men
- equal standard of human rights for all
- abolition of extremes of poverty & wealth
- unity of religions
- harmony of science & religion
All of the following Bahá’í activities are open to people of all creeds and cultures, and are aimed at building community.
- Study Circles to build capacity for service in our individual & collective lives
- Devotional Meetings to strengthen the spiritual character of a community
- Children’s Classes for the spiritual & moral education of children
- Youth Activities for young people to become agents of positive change
How are we funded?
Bahá’ís in Townsville are totally locally funded. Bahá’ís contribute voluntarily to a fund held by the Local Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Townsville. Donations are sent also to the National Bahá’í Centre to support National and International activities in Australia and around the globe.
The privilege of contributing to these funds is limited to registered members of the Bahá’í community. Where Bahá’ís are involved in socio-economic development programs that benefit the entire community and are not religious in nature, external funding is accepted.
More Useful Links
If you want to know more about Bahá’u’lláh, here is the best site: www.bahaullah.org
For information about the Bahá’í Covenant and what it means:http://covenantstudy.org
To find Bahá’í texts, as well as religious texts from most other religions:www.bahai-education.org
To read Bahá’í texts online, go to:http://www.bahai.org/dir/writings
The Australian National Bahá’í site:www.bahai.org.au
The International Bahá’í site :http://www.bahai.org
The site for the Bahá’í International Community:www.bic.org
Where to find Bahá’í eBooks:http://www.bahaiebooks.org/